The term “Financial education” in a learning context is used to refer to the teaching of financial knowledge, skills, behaviors, attitudes and values which will enable trainees to make effective financial decisions in their daily and business life.
General learning goal:
This course will provide participants a broad understanding of financial concepts and tools through:
-Knowledge of financial theories within the primary areas of finance.
-Utilization of problem-solving skills within the finance setting.
-Application of financial analysis tools and techniques to decision making.
Specific learning goals:
By following this course students will able to:
- Setting financial goals.
- Identifying income vs. expenses.
- Managing checking and savings services.
- Developing and maintaining good credit.
- Identifying needs over wants.
- Avoiding money traps.
- Recognizing predatory lending practices.
- Engaging in asset development.
- Comparing financial products and services.